June 17, 2015 | Posted in: SQL Server
I wanted a way to script off the data in a sql table in some automated fashion rather than having to do it manually and it turns out there is a way to do this in SSMS:
- Right-click on the DB, select Generate Scripts
- Click <Next> through the Introduction screen
- Select Specific database objects then your table, then <Next>
- Click <Advanced> then for “Types of Data to script” select “Schema and Data” then <OK>
- Then save to file\clipboard or new window
It will script off even things like identities so you’ll need to change that if it’s not something you require.